Starting a New Registered Student Organization
Starting a new student organization is simple! In order to submit an application for a new organization on campus you only need five things:
- A roster with 3 people;
- A faculty/staff advisor;
- Statement of purpose;
- Constitution; and
- Risk management assessment.
(You can find a sample constitution here. You do not have need copy it verbatim, but it is a good starting point!)
Once you have those five things, follow these instructions to submit an application for a new organization:
- Go to the Forum and sign in with your Ole Miss WebID & Password;
- Select “Organizations” from the top bar menu,
- Select the green “Register anOrganization” button on the left-hand side;
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the blue “Register a New Organization” button.
Once the application is submitted, a staff member from the Office of Leadership & Advocacy will be in touch soon with more information concerning next steps! One of these steps will be to attend RSO Orientation. More information about RSO Orientations can be found here.